Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Report from the Dr. appt.

Today we had a check up at the Dr. and had a wonderful report on the babies! Baby A (we still haven't figured out how we are going to decide who gets what name) is weighing in at 3 1/2 lbs and Baby B weighs over 4 lbs! These are just estimates from the sonogram, but these weights were even rounded down from the calculations, so these girls are growing! This is great news for me since I still have yet to come remotely close to the recommended weight gain suggestions. They apparently are getting what they need! Everything from their fluid levels to heartbeats also looked great and my cervix is still closed so now we just wait it out. Dr. Cole says no wonder I keep having preterm contractions, I've got at least 8 lbs of baby in there already, my uterus is having a hard time not going into labor. However, we have met our first goal of 32 weeks so now we will try and make it to 34. I told my doctor, my luck I'll still be laying here at 38 weeks waiting :) She said "highly unlikely!". Anyway, just thought I'd share the latest news. I go back next Wednesday and will report back then, unless something crazy happens :)

2 comments:

the Sandbergs said...

glad to read this good news!! you keep those babies warm and cozy as long as possible!!!! glad you are doing okay!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Layna sent me your blog. I'm so excited for you. It's great to see the babies and know that you are doing well. Send me your email address so we can catch up!
Toni

What a nut.

What a nut.

Daddy's girls

Daddy's girls